Powered by Blogger.

Poppins Vs. McPhee...who will win?

So, if you have been following, I loved my class last year! They were practically perfect in every way and they made me feel like Mary Poppins. I am seriously going through the stages of grief and think I may need counseling. This is not normal for me!

Anyhow, so the new 2nd graders all came on the first day! Cute as could be in their new clothes and perfectly combed hair. Uh? Tears to start (two of them, not me)...oh no! Defiant behaviors by 9 am...um, wait! A fist fight at lunch...whoa! Mary Poppins flew away and in dropped Nanny McPhee, warts, bad teeth and all! Holy smokes, first day was a disaster.

I have to tell you my first teaching position, I took over a 4th grade class that had rolled over 3 certified teachers and 6 long term subs before November. I was the one that stuck and believe me they tried to get rid of me. I survived that experience and I know (some where deep down) that I will make it through this first week and everything will work out but still it knocks you down and takes your breath away.

I am still trying to decide if I need a spoon full of sugar or a magic walking stick! Poppins or McPhee...who will win?


5 comments:

Michele August 2, 2011 at 4:25 PM  

Oh my! A fist fight on the first day:( Hang in there I had a pretty rough start last year and I grew to love those kids (and even missed a few this summer)!
http://www.whatilearnedinkindergarten.blogspot.com/

Unknown August 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

Thanks, Michele! We had small rays of light today...it will happen, one day at a time :)

Unknown December 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM  

rajmangal,

I just finished the webinar by Angela Watson.

http://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/

My situation did not improve 2nd quarter but with Angela's book and web series, I now have a lot of ideas on how to help a few of my kids with their behavior.

Good Luck!

Christa

Patrick April 1, 2012 at 4:48 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

  © Little Life Coaches

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates